Useful and important Web sites for health professional school applicants
AAMC (American Association of Medical Colleges)
- Essential reading for allopathic medical school applicants.
- Includes link to AMCAS, the online medical school application for all allopathic programs
AACOM (American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine)
- Essential reading for osteopathic medical school applicants.
- Includes link to AACOMAS, the online medical school application for all osteopathic programs
NEAAHP (Northeast Association of Advisors for the Health Professions)
- The home page for the regional association of premedical advisors. Very useful for students.
Post-Baccalaureate programs (from AAMC)
- Resource for finding various types pf post-baccalaurate programs, from "career changer" (to take required science courses the first time) to "academic record enhancement" (for students who finished premed courses in college but need to take more courses to be competitive)
Links to Health Professions (from NEAAHP)
AAVMC (Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges)
- Essential reading for veterinary school applicants
- Includes link to VMCAS, the online veterinary school application
ADEA (American Dental Education Association)
AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners)
AAPA (American Academy of Physician Assistants)
APMA (American Podiatric Medicine Association)
ASCO (Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry)
APTA (American Physical Therapy Association)
AOTA (American Occupational Therapy Association)
APHA (American Public Health Association)
Military schlarship opportunities for medical and allied health professions (HPSP)