- Environmental Studies
- Program Overview
- Courses Spring '14
- ENVS Interns
- Student Research & Fieldwork
- Alumni Update
- Off-Campus Opportunities
- Study Abroad and other programs
- ENVS Photos
- ENVS News & Events
- HC's Environmental Progress
- Holy Cross Environmental News
- Blackstone River in the News
- Guide for Prospective ENVS Students
- Procedures for Enrolling in ENVS
HC Login - nav
Holy Cross Login - RM099
Welcome to Environmental Studies
IMPORTANT Advising Information and Spring 2014 ENVS Course List:
Environmental Studies Courses
(BIOL 114 (04) Biological Principles: Environmental Science Prof. William Sobczak
- Note: This course is limited to 1st year students who are planning to pursue the ENVS major or concentration. The course will not count toward the Biology major.
BIOL 114 (01) Biological Principles: Plants & Human Affairs Prof. Kelly Wolfe- Bellin
BIOL 114 (02) Biological Principles: Oceans & People Prof. Justin McAlister
BIOL 163 (01&02) Intro to Ecology & Biological Diversity Prof. Robert Bertin
- Note: This course is required for all Biology and ENVS Majors (but NOT concentrators).
BIOL 361 Toxicology Prof. George Hoffman
CHEM 141 Environmental Chemistry Prof. Amber Hupp
ECON 224 (01 & 02) Environmental Economics Prof. Katherine Kiel
- Note: This course will likely not be offered during the 2014 – ’15 academic year.
ENVS 247 Intro Geographic Info Systems Prof. Adam Davis
ENVS 400 Tutorial: Directed Readings in ENVS ENVS Faculty
- Note: Proposed tutorials must be approved by Prof. Sobczak.
HIST 305 America's First Global Age Prof. Gwenn Miller
POLS 286 Comparative Environmental Policy Prof. Loren Cass
RELS 399 Land, Spirit, and Pilgrimage Prof. Todd Lewis
Prof. Leila Philip
SOCL 399 (01) NOLA2NY: Disaster Sociology Prof. Daina Harvey
VAHI 299 (01) Making the Modern City Prof. Min Kyung Lee
For planning your next semester's course schedule, please click here for important advising course selection notes.
ENVS Breaking News:
ENVS Professor Robert Bertin's Vascular Flora of Worcester, Massachusetts Published
See more about Professor Bertin's published work here.
ENVS Alum Timothy Rowell '07 Makes Headlines for NOAA Funded Research in the Caribbean
ENVS Bulletin Board:
This spring, as the flowers begin to bloom, so too will the Holy Cross ENVS department webpage! Stay tuned and check back each week for updates about what's happening within the department being posted right here!
Congratulations to our ENVS majors and concentrators in the graduating class of 2013! On behalf of everyone here in the the ENVS department, may you have the best of luck in all your future endeavors!
Prof. William V. Sobczak, Director
Karen Todd, Administrative Assistant