Blogs of HC students studying in China in 2012-2013
Why Study Chinese Language at Holy Cross?
- U.S. companies invest billions of dollars each year in China.
- Chinese is the first language of 1.3 billion people … one-fifth of the world’s population.
- China is the world’s fastest growing large economy and is about to become the world’s second largest economy.
- China is increasingly important to United States national security, foreign relations, trade, and climate change policy.
- Chinese language skills are essential for careers and advanced study involving China in business, education, journalism, and diplomacy.
Holy Cross offers...
- 4 years of Chinese language and courses in English on Chinese literature and culture
- Majors in Chinese or Chinese Language and Civilization, and a Concentration in Chinese Studies.
- Study Abroad in China through the Holy Cross Study Abroad Program
- A scholarship for study abroad for one graduating senior each year